There are several key factors that bettors must take into account:
- The effectiveness of the points (hits with the ball in the basket). Studying how accurately a basketball player throws, the bettor looks at what percentage of hits a player has when throwing from the 2-point zone, 3-point zone and when implementing free throws – the so-called points per game, PPG.
- Respect for the ball. When a basketball side starts an attack, it must bring the ball from its own half of the court to the opponent’s half and end its attack with a hit. Now imagine that during the transition from defense to attack, the side lost the ball. Thus, the attempt to score points was lost. The parameter is estimated as the ratio of the total number of ball losses by players to the time of possession of the ball.
- The effectiveness of the rebounds. It is clear that the more often a team picks up the ball under the opponent’s shield, the higher its chances with the next attempt to score points. The parameter is calculated in this way: the number of rebounds in the attack is divided by the number of rebounds of opponents in defense.
- Foul statistics and free throw frequency. In modern basketball, some coaches build whole strategies for their side’s game so that the opponent scores the necessary fouls faster, which will allow them to realize free pitches more often. If one basketball team in the whole game gets the right to implement 20 free throws, and the second 40, then it is clear that the last team is obliged to earn more points and has more chances to win with equal other indicators.
- The percentage of implementation plays an important role here. If one team has a conversion rate of 80, and the other has 40, then a double superiority in the number of free pitch attempts will not help the last side. As a rule, teams that rely heavily on free pitches pull up their conversion rates well.
Do I need to study statistics for bets?
Evaluating the current level of play of the selected basketball team for betting, it is worth studying its 5-6 last matches to make a bet based on a certain background. This will fully allow you to understand how the club operates within the 4 most important statistical parameters, and this is its vivid reflection of the current level of play. If there are rivals where one of these indicators has recently often surpassed even strong opponents, and the second loses in terms of them even to ordinary middle peasants, then it will be clearly visible on whom to bet.